MMA Tycoon

MMA Tycoon - The MMA Management Game

Sunday 22 May 2011

Playing Favourites

“Good morning my guys”

Anybody who follows Wanderlei Silva on twitter knows exactly how it feels to see this come up in their timeline. It’s amazing how down to earth and nice this guy is. So nice in fact that should he be awarded the $5000 “twitter bonus” from Dana White he is going to give it to one lucky fan.

Supporting a fighter like this really does feel good..

As a fight fan I love that feeling when I discover a new favourite fighter, it’s almost as if they are a new friend, as if I know them personally and that my support will mean they will be successful and lately I have found myself respecting and appreciating a few fighters that I didn’t really support before.

I have always liked Wanderlei Silva, ever since the fight with Chuck Liddell and he certainly will always be my favourite fighter, the guy just puts on great fights. I just wanted to mention some things that some people might not know. Wanderlei loves his friends (fans), he will always take a photo, shake your hand or say hello, no matter what. This has to be a strain on him but none the less that’s the kind of guy he is. The fact that he will part ways with $5000 should he win it is amazing on it’s own. Wanderlei is easily the most humble guy in MMA and he can throw down like there is no tomorrow as well. I for one cannot wait to see him enter the cage again and I’ll be cheering loud and proud for my “friend”.

Yes I have mentioned the next two guys in one of my previous blogs but I just want to go into a little more detail on a personal level. Tito Ortiz since day one has been larger than life. That’s just who he is. I always felt a little bit sorry for Ken Shamrock when Tito was “bullying” him and that’s why I never really liked Tito. It’s only recently that I have found that I respect the Huntington Beach Bad Boy, sure he still has an ego but you have to in the fight game, it’s called confidence and if you don’t have it you are sure to be eaten alive. I want Tito to beat Bader, now that is something I NEVER thought I would say. I want Tito back in the title picture, every day he interacts with fans on Twitter it’s kind of inspirational. He’s a pretty nice guy, as long as you aren’t an idiot.

Josh Koscheck is a pretty generous guy. He’s always interacting with fans and giving stuff away. It made me think that he has been dealt a pretty harsh hand by the online MMA community (who aren’t as holy as they may think). Josh, like Tito, has an ego and although he has come off as disrespectful at times he certainly doesn’t mean it. Josh respects the sport, he respects his fans and the fact that he retweeted this little blog right here and got me 75 website hits, $8 in advertisement revenue and 1 new twitter follower all in the span of 15 minutes means he has a fan for life right here, he does the right thing by people and that’s what really counts.

I’m a Brock Lesnar fan, I respect the guy so saying this kind of makes me feel weird. I would have wanted Junior Dos Santos (@junior_cigano) to beat Brock. The latest season of Ultimate Fighter gave me an insight into JDS I never had before. He is a nice guy, hands down, probably one of the nicest. He is fun loving and just wants to help the guys in his team on the show. He really showed he is pure class and if anybody deserved to hold the Heavyweight championship it’s certainly him. He’s brutal inside that cage but the second he’s out of it he is the nicest guy in the world. He made me smile so much throughout the season and even though I can’t understand some of his tweets I followed him on Twitter anyway and the translate tool will just get a workout!

There really is nothing like having fighters that you support, it brings a whole new level to MMA. Once you get past all of the whining posted on the internet and actually look at the fighters yourself you can find that nearly all of them have something admirable to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment